Is Invisalign® Right For Me?
Hailed as the most advanced clear aligner system worldwide, Invisalign® revolutionized the orthodontics world when it was introduced by Align Technology in 1997 by founders Zia Chishti and Kelsey Wirth. For the first time ever, orthodontics patients had the option of removing their braces for events like eating and taking photos. Most of the world knows that Invisalign is a teeth straightening system that utilizes a progressive series of clear aligners to move teeth into their ideal positions, but what else is there to know about this innovative treatment option? In today’s blog, we’ve answered some frequently asked questions about this exciting treatment.
If you’re a resident of Prosper who’s wondering whether or not Invisalign is the right teeth straightening treatment for you, a visit to a well-qualified orthodontist who is an Invisalign provider is necessary to review your options. At Bietsch Orthodontics, Dr. Bietsch and his staff are happy to speak with you about this innovative treatment system. Give us a call at 972-833-4102 today to request a consultation!
What are the Aligners Made Out Of?
Because they are made from a unique BPA-free thermoplastic material, the aligners are lightweight and virtually invisible. Many patients are hardly even aware of the aligners in their mouth after the initial adjustment phase that comes with any orthodontic aligner.
Benefits Over Traditional Braces
Although Invisalign costs slightly more than traditional orthodontic treatment methods, the system comes with many benefits that are difficult to pass up:
- The aligners are nearly invisible. Gone are the days of being self-conscious because of metal wires and brackets in your mouth.
- You can see the end result before you even begin. Because of the system’s unique progressive aligners, you’ll be able to see how straight your teeth will be before they get there.
- The aligners are removable. Because they can be removed for short periods of time without negatively impacting the treatment outcome, activities such as eating, brushing, and flossing are much easier. This makes for a marked improvement in oral hygiene abilities over traditional braces.
- Comfortable treatment experience. When you have metal wires and brackets in your mouth, the soft tissues of your mouth can be easily poked, scratched, and otherwise irritated.
The staff at Bietsch Orthodontics is very well-versed in the benefits of the Invisalign treatment system, and we’d love to speak with you about your treatment options. Contact us today with your questions!
What Types of Cases can Invisalign Correct?
Every patient is different, and in order to determine if clear aligners are the best treatment option for your individual orthodontic case, it is best to consult with an orthodontist. Generally speaking, however, Invisalign is an excellent solution for correcting the following:
- Open bites
- Cross bites
- Excessive crowding
When you contact Bietsch Orthodontics, Dr. Bietsch will complete an initial exam to determine what type of orthodontic concerns you wish to correct. If they can be resolved by clear aligners, our team will devise a treatment plan and get you on your way to a beautiful new smile!
How Long Does Treatment Take?
As with traditional bracket-and-wire braces, the length of treatment necessary will largely depend on the severity of your case and your compliance with the prescribed treatment plan. For adults, the average treatment plan can be a year or shorter. For teens, the treatment plan may be longer. The estimated duration of the treatment plan will be reviewed with you at the beginning of your treatment, and may be adjusted as needed.
Invisalign Provider in Prosper
More than four million patients have been treated with the Invisalign clear aligners, and with the many benefits the system provides, it is not surprising that many patients are considering it for their treatment. Bietsch Orthodontics is a certified Invisalign provider, and if you’ve been wondering whether or not Invisalign is right for you, we’d love to speak with you. Call us today at 972-833-4102 to learn more!
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.